Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Untouchables by Juan Too Big Perez

Juan Too Big Perez
Title: Untouchables
© 1998-2007 DJ2BIG.COM INC.
Genre: Mega Mix
Released: 11/23/98
Copies Sold: 165,000

Ever hear about the time I use to fix DJ PayBack's mixes like some of the "Freestyle Bombs" and "Cruzin Sounds 1". I had to re-edit it and do the finishing touches to the mixes. He is a good dj now but back then he was still learning how to edit. Well there are a couple of facts nobody knows about exept for one of my ex girl friends, Payback Garcia, his brother Scribe from Kinto Soul and me. Untouchables was advertised for 6 months before even Cruzin Sounds 1 came out wich is kinda weird dont you think? The original Untouchables was also going to be done with Alan Badd Mixx Boyed but I decided to do it with Aztek instead because when Cruzin Sounds was released it hit really big, so I needed someone with more expression and was not afraid to do something crazy on a mix. DJ Aztek became my choice it took him 8 months to make his mix for Untouchables. It took me 6 weeks to make my mix on Untouchables. I did not start working on Untouchables untill I heard what Aztek's mix sounded like. When I heard his mix, I got all hyped up, I went home and went to work on Untouchables. Not to mention the last 8 mins on Aztek's mix I helped him finish. There were only 2 weeks left before Untouchables was to be released and Aztek was not done. It was Xmas season of 98, Advertised in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Texas & California for over a year with 120,000 flyers. We had 8 release parties the day it was released. We sold over 40,000 copies the first week in sales and the rest is history. Enjoy my mix of "Untouchables".