Friday, May 22, 2009

Sad Girl 2 Freestyle Mix Side A

Sad Girl 2 Freestyle Mix "feeling blue" was originally released on November 24, 1996. After the huge success of Sad Girl 1, Sad Girl 2 set me apart from all other DJs in Chicago. Many started considering me the "King Of Freestyle," I have never used "King Of Freestyle" to describe myself to show respect to who I think is the true "King Of Freestyle" Tim Spinnin Schommer. Many DJs have used the term "King Of Freestyle" for marketing purposes to generate sales but I give credit were credit is due. Without showing any disrespect toward the memory of 2 Sweet Zeke, I do agree Zeke's mixes were pretty good but neither he nor I deserve to ever be called the "King Of Freestyle". Understand this, I learned about freestyle listening to Tim Spinnin Shommer. I am sure that all freestyle DJs in Chicago from the 1990s would agree. Therefore Tim Spinnin Shommer is the "King Of Freestyle," his mixes are top notch Tim's mixes are flawless. I have heard many of Tim's mixes and till this day I can't figure out how he did certain edits. DJs credit me for being one of the greatest and I thank you but to me the true greatest are the pioneers that led the Chicago DJ history. Julian Jumpin Perez, Bad Boy Bill, Tim Spinnin Shommer, Mario Smokin Diaz, Frankie Hollywood Rodriguez, Brian Midletin, Kenny Jamin Jason, Martin The Boogie Man Luna. Without any of these guys many of our DJ careers would not exist. They were my teachers as I heard them on the radio, along with DJ Scratch who gave me my first lessons and a crate of records. You want proof? Sad Girl 2 Freestyle Mix was made with the exact formula that Bad Boy Bill made all his Hot Mix tape series, a 5 Min fast edited intro with a nice clean mix I just applied it to freestyle music plus I added my own flavor. Yes i did sell over 50,000 copies of Sad Girl 2 probably one of the highest in the history of Freestyle Music but that does not make me the "King Of Freestyle". I am just a person God blessed with a talent. I love being a DJ!

*Remember to download the podcast all you have todo is right click on the title and save as to your CPU, PDA or mp3 player. Make sure to subscribe by feed or email to get instant download and updates.